Log Home Maintenance
How do I keep my log home looking beautiful for years to come?
This is the most common question in log home restoration. Northern Log Home Restoration feels that logs need annual care and maintenance. Proper maintenance will improve the longevity of your finish and lessen the risks of product failure. We recommend the following annual maintenance:
- Cleaning of your logs-we recommend this twice a year
- Inspection of log surfaces for signs of damage
- Examine potential moisture issues
- Sealants – be sure to check for any new upward checks ¼ inch or previous applications aren’t torn or pulled away
- Gutter systems are in place and working properly
These recommendations are within the ability of most homeowners. Northern Log Home Restoration offers an Annual Maintenance Program. For more information on the program, please contact us.
NORTHERN LOG HOME RESTORATION, INC
7273 Frazer Bay Road
Cook, MN 55723